Don't Say "I am the First Born" Say ...

 There are a few things to keep in mind while referring to yourself as the "first born" in your family: This manner, it is both formal and intelligible at the same time.

1. Don't say "I am the last born," as in the first revision. Saying "I am the last kid in the family" will help it sound more official.

2. Do not use the frequent, but incorrect, phrase "I saw your missed calls."

"I missed your calls" is the proper phrase to use.

3. Say: Let's say the grace.
Don't Say: "Let's share the grace." 
This is a typical phrase among teachers in our secondary schools, but it's incorrect.

4. Don't say, "I'd like to get my hair shaved," which is a familiar refrain, but is incorrect. 
You should use the correct phrase "I want my hair cut" or "I want my hair trimmed" instead.

5. Avoid using the phrase "Eze has not matured," as this is completely incorrect.
"Eze has matured" is the correct phrase.

6. As a recent graduate, you should not announce, "I'm looking for job." 
"I'm looking for a job" is the correct way to say it.

7. The phrase "Give me my change" is so prevalent that many people think it's correct. 
However, "Can I have my balance?" is the proper answer.

Hope you enjoyed today's lesson?.

Use the share and follow buttons on this site wisely.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023: Business mogul, Odii emerges PDP guber candidate in Ebonyi

THANKS FOR YOUR APPROVAL

BREAKING NEWS IN NIGERIA THIS MORNING - THURSDAY - 30 JUNE - 2022